What does your work space look like?
Is your work space cluttered with stacks of papers, sticky notes, print outs of important research, research guides, document copies and scribbles? Or with hand written notes, lists of people who ‘might be an ancestor’, lists of websites, family photos, pedigree charts and family group sheets?
Then you need a research assistant like mine. You need EVERNOTE
Evernote can hold all your written or typed notes, important emails, images, scanned documents, photos, audio and video clips. It allows you to access all of your information from anywhere. It helps you find information your information with tag and keyword searches. And best of all, it is FREE.
- Create a free account on the Evernote website at http://evernote.com. Go to evernote.com and click “Sign up now” in the middle of the page. Fill in your email address and a password. Click SIGN UP.
- Download Evernote and Install for Windows, Mac, Android phone, Android tablet, iPhone or iPad.
- Install the Web Clipper Tool for your browser
- Create notebooks for each of your family lines: File | New Notebook | New Notebook
- Create a notebook stack to organise your notebooks
- Create your first note: File | New Note. Notes can be typed, images or files, web clippings (using web clipper), written or drawn (new ink note), spoken (new audio note), or filmed (new webcam note).
- Tag your notes to make them easier to search for. Tags can be surnames, places, subjects or whatever makes sense to you
The more you use Evernote, the more uses you will find for it. What are you waiting for?