Challenge from Randy Seaver’s post on Saturday, September 3, 2011:
1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your “roulette number.”
My Great-grandfather William Bond was born in 1843 so he would be 168 years old. Dividing 168 by 4 gives me #42.
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?
#42 in my ahnentafel list is Edward Brazier, my 3x great-Grandfather.
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the “roulette number.”
1. Edward BRAZIER was baptised on 20 Apr 1817 in Wesleyan Church, Stourport, Worcestershire, England.
2. Edward BRAZIER married Mary Ann VAUGHAN on 4 Oct 1835 in Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England.
3. Edward BRAZIER died of pneumonia as a result of typhus fever on 27 Oct 1856 at Fullers End, Sedgley, Cosely in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England.
More about Edward BRAZIER:
On 6 Jun 1841 Edward was a farmer at New Bear, Sedgley in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England. He appeared in the census on 6 Jun 1841 at New Bear, Sedgley in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England. By 28 Dec 1849 Edward was a Hallow-Ware Tinner at New Wallbrook, Coseley in Sedgley, Staffordshire, England. On 30 Mar 1851 Edward was a Hallow-Ware Tinner at Fullers End, Sedgley, Coseley in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England. He appeared in the census on 30 Mar 1851 at Fullers End, Sedgley, Coseley in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England. Edward BRAZIER and Mary Ann VAUGHAN had twelve children: Eliza 1837-1922, William 1838, Susannah 1840, Enoch 1842, Josiah 1843, George 1845, Martha 1846, Mary Ann 1848-1851, Alice (my 2x great-grandmother) 1849-1940, Daniel 1852-1890, Mary Ann 1854 and Miriam 1855.